- Scene AMZ:
- Thursday, 18th September 2014, at 6pm
1914. Odlikovanja, vojno znakovlje, značke i prstenje iz Numizmatičke zbirke Arheološkog muzeja u Zagrebu
- Saturday, 20th September 2014, at 11am
The most important venues in 1914
- Augusteum favissa
- Tuesday , September 23rd, 8 p.m.
- Zagrbe city District day
- Tuesday, September 23rd
WORKING HOURS: 10 AM - 6 PM
- New publications
- Monograph by Martina Blečić Kavur
The Late Bronze Age in The Kvarner Region
- Scene AMZ:
Thursday, 25 th September 2014, at 6pm
Vijoleta Herman Kaurić:
Domoljubni predmeti Prvog svjetskog rata u dobrotvorne svrhe
- Long Friday on Lenuzzi's horseshoe
Archaeological museum in Zagreb and Modern gallery have arranged extended opening hours of your neighbourhood museums!
Friday, September 26th, 2014
- Roman religion and art
- The finds of religious and artistic character are among the most attractive and valuable material kept at the rich holdings of the Greek and Roman collection. Religion(s) was/were an everlasting source of inspiration for ancient peoples in their artistic expression, which is clearly presented to the visitors in this section of the permanent exhibition. Beside the objects of exclusively sacral and votive character, the collection also comprises profane artistic works, especially the portraits of public and historical persons. Among them the most important ones are the portraits of rulers and members of the imperial family, such as the world-famous portrait of princess Plautilla, the famous “Girl from Solin”. The collection is interesting both for its diversity and the provenance of the finds, which do not only come from Croatia but also from neighbouring countries and the entire Mediterranean region. The opening of the new permanent exhibition will make it fully accessible to the visitors, after more than four decades.
- Exhibition opening:"Les Iapodes, peuple méconnu. Collections du musée archéologique de Zagreb
Gerona (near Barcelona), Spain
Friday, October 3rd, 2014
Archaeological museum in Zagreb – visiting exhibitions
"Les Iapodes, peuple méconnu. Collections du musée archéologique de Zagreb"
View photo gallery HERE
EU Project ArCAFE
Archaeology and Iron Age Cultures in Europe
ARCHÉOLOGIE et CULTURES de l'ÂGE du FER en EUROPE
- AQUAE IASAE, THE LATEST ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOVERIES IN VARAŽDINSKE TOPLICE
- Gallery of the Cankarjev dom, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Duration: May 21st – October 26th, 2014.
Organized by: Cankarjev dom Ljubljana and Archaeological museum in Zagreb
- Concert season 2014
- Early music in the Archaeological museum with the Responsorium ensemble
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
The myth of Orpheus in early Baroque music
Sunday, November 16th, 2014
Anima mea liquefcta est
Schutz and Schein – a Dresden canzoniere of c. 1630
- New in Museum shop
- T-shirts with motives of Zagreb
Adrian heritage & design
- Archaeological museum on YouTube
- Archaeological museum in Zagreb
- Exhibition :
- Open from June 27th until September 28th 2014
1914. Remembering the WW I – money, medals, decorations
Authors: M. Nađ, T. Bilić, I. Mirnik
- “Gifts of the soil” – Neolithic between the Sava, Drava and Danube - exhibition is open until 28th September 2014
Exhibition catalogue (PDF)
The exhibition is also available via the SMART GUIDE application
Please use the AURASMA application for the use of augemnted reality
Application instructions (PDF)
See photo gallery HERE
- Night in the Museum 2
- Friday, October 31st, 2014.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK ANDAUTONIA IN ŠČITARJEVO
- Archeological park is open from 1st May to 31st October 2014
Working hours: Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 6 pm
Other day - only for announcements
- SPRING IN ANDAUTONIA
- PETS IN A ROMAN CITY
- NEW! AMZ GUEST BOOK
- Join now:
I WAS HERE- WORLD GUEST BOOK: http://www.iwashere.net/
- Current Archeological excavations in Croatia
- Exhibition opening:
Current Archeological excavations in Croatia
Open until 28th September 2014,
County Museum Nasice, Dr. Franje Tudmana Square 5, Nasice
- Classical Antiquity - Movie nigths and book presentations
- Read more:
StripOs in Archaeological museum in Zagreb
EDIT Comics workshops in AMZ
- FRIEND S CLUB
Welcome to the Friend s Club
Choose among different packages for yourself or as a gift and seize this unique opportunity: free tickets to the Museum, discounts on museum souvenirs, birthday parties, museum publications, free trips to archaeological sites and much more.
By becoming a Club member you support Archaeological museum in Zagreb. The entire fee income will be spent on new exhibitions, purchasing museum holdings, organising workshops etc.
- New - children's guide!
Arheološki 4 kids
Price: 15,00 kn
- Archaeomouse in the Late Stone Age - Neolithic
Author: Zorica Babić
Price: 20,00 kn
- Night of the Museums 2014
- Friday, www.nocmuzeja.hr
We had 9053 visitors!
- European Night of Museums
- Photo gallery
- Exhibition :
- „Šenoa's tresure – numismatic collection of August Šenoa in the Archaeological museum in Zagreb“
- MUSEUM SHOP
- Calendar ANDAUTONIA 2014 - 10,00 kn
JEWELRY - Necklaces, Bracelets, Brooches, Earrings, Rings, Pendants, MAGNETS, CLOTHES
- BAG AMZ
- MUSEUM SHOP
- A BROCHURE OF THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM IN ZAGREB FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED PERSONS
- Archaeological museum in Zagreb published a small museum brochure for visually impaired persons, which they can use as a source of information. It is written in Braille (b-w). You can find it at several locations in Zagreb free of charge and take it with you. It contains basic information on the museum, its permanent exhibition and pedagogical department, whose staff will be happy to give you a tour of the museum or organize an interesting and entertaining workshop.
- PERMANENT EXHIBITION OF GREEK AND ROMAN COLLECTION
- A new section of the permanent exhibition of Greek and Roman collection is now open: EVERYDAY LIFE
You are wellcome to visit it!
- Promo sale VAMZ (PDF, 14 KB)
Instructions for submission of manuscripts for museum journal (PDF, 421 KB)
The authors can find the form here
- NEW - SMART GUIDE!
- Bring with you your smart phone or tablet because our free of charge audio-visual Smart Guide will conduct you through the MUSEUM.
The guide can be accessed by a WiFi wireless network and offers fascinating facts presented in an audio version, as a text and a photo gallery.
- Cro Museums app
- More information (PDF, 370KB)
- Renovated facade of the Museum
- Project Virtual museum
- Project Virtual museum - 3D scanning of the most valuable objects kept in the Archaeological museum in Zagreb
the time machine
- Current archaeological excavations in Croatia 2010 (PDF 4.088 kB)