- Zagreb School of Egyptology
Beginning of the classes: March 3rd, 2014
End of the classes: late May, 2014
additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scene AMZ:
- Lecture: Dr.sc. Friederike Seyfried
Thursday, 13th March 2014 at 6 pm:
FACES IN GYPSUM: THE PLASTER MODELS FROM TELL EL-AMARNA
Friday, 14th March 2014 at 6 pm:
FROM AMARNA TO THEBES: THE TOMB OF THE HIGH PRIEST OF AMUN - PA-REN-NEFER
- Film nights of Classical antiquity - Comic-book and video workshop
- Saturday, 15th March and Sunday, 16th March, 2014, 11-1PM
Organized by: Kinofon Association, Association of film enthusiasts RARE, sponsored by the Fundation Kultura nova and the Archaeological museum in Zagreb
- Opening of the exhibition:
- Archaeological museum in Zagreb – visiting exhibitions
"Les Iapodes, peuple méconnu. Collections du musée archéologique de Zagreb"
EU Project ArCAFE
Archaeology and Iron Age Cultures in Europe
ARCHÉOLOGIE et CULTURES de l'ÂGE du FER en EUROPE
Friday, March 14th - 8th September, 2014
Le musée archéologique de Lattes
Montpellier, Lattes, Francuska
390 Route de Pérols, Lattes
Gerona (near Barcelona), Spain
Friday, September 26th, 2014
- Long Friday on Lenuzzi's horseshoe
Archaeological museum in Zagreb, Art pavilion and Modern gallery have arranged extended opening hours of your neighbourhood museums!
Friday, March 28th, 2014
Every last friday of the month the museum will be open to 10PM
After 6PM the entrance fee is 10 kn for all visitors, while children under 7 have a free entrance
Come and visit us!
- Roman school
Workshop for kids
Saturday, 29th March from 11 to 12.30
- FRIEND S CLUB
Welcome to the Friend s Club
Choose among different packages for yourself or as a gift and seize this unique opportunity: free tickets to the Museum, discounts on museum souvenirs, birthday parties, museum publications, free trips to archaeological sites and much more.
By becoming a Club member you support Archaeological museum in Zagreb. The entire fee income will be spent on new exhibitions, purchasing museum holdings, organising workshops etc.
- New - children's guide!
Arheološki 4 kids
Price: 15,00 kn
- Archaeomouse in the Late Stone Age - Neolithic
Author: Zorica Babić
Price: 20,00 kn
- Donation box for Griffon Vulture
- A donation box is displayed on the exhibition "Flight in the past: Birds in archaeological heritage", in cooperation with the Centre for the protection of birds of prey - Grifon, with the intention to preserve the last Croatian population of Griffon Vultures and to create the circumstances for their return on Velebit
- WORKSHOPS ACCOMPANYING THE EXHIBITION “Flight in the past: Birds in archaeological heritage”
- The following educational programs will be held during the exhibition, every Thursday at 6PM and every Sunday at 11AM:
MUSEUM TALKS – recounting historical and mythic stories on birds
- Night of the Museums 2014
- Friday, www.nocmuzeja.hr
We had 9053 visitors!
- Exhibition :
- „Šenoa's tresure – numismatic collection of August Šenoa in the Archaeological museum in Zagreb“
- MUSEUM SHOP
- Calendar ANDAUTONIA 2014 - 35,00 kn
JEWELRY - Necklaces, Bracelets, Brooches, Earrings, Rings, Pendants, MAGNETS, CLOTHES
- BAG AMZ
- MUSEUM SHOP
- A BROCHURE OF THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM IN ZAGREB FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED PERSONS
- Archaeological museum in Zagreb published a small museum brochure for visually impaired persons, which they can use as a source of information. It is written in Braille (b-w). You can find it at several locations in Zagreb free of charge and take it with you. It contains basic information on the museum, its permanent exhibition and pedagogical department, whose staff will be happy to give you a tour of the museum or organize an interesting and entertaining workshop.
- PERMANENT EXHIBITION OF GREEK AND ROMAN COLLECTION
- A new section of the permanent exhibition of Greek and Roman collection is now open: EVERYDAY LIFE
You are wellcome to visit it!
- Promo sale VAMZ (PDF, 14KB)
Instructions for submission of manuscripts for museum journal (PDF, 114KB)
- NEW - SMART GUIDE!
- Bring with you your smart phone or tablet because our free of charge audio-visual Smart Guide will conduct you through the MUSEUM.
The guide can be accessed by a WiFi wireless network and offers fascinating facts presented in an audio version, as a text and a photo gallery.
- Cro Museums app
- More information (PDF, 370KB)
- Renovated facade of the Museum
- Project Virtual museum
- Project Virtual museum - 3D scanning of the most valuable objects kept in the Archaeological museum in Zagreb
the time machine
- On September 4th 1953 systematic field excavations at Lijeva Bara in Vukovar were concluded.
A group of archaeologists guided by dr. Zdenko Vinski, Marcel Gorenc and Ksenija Vinski Gasparini spent 92 days on the field investigating the surface of no less than 3050
During the three year campaign of archaeological excavation they discoveres 438 early mediavel inhumation graves belonging to the Bijelo Brdo Culture, 9 prehistoric inhumation graves and 101 prehistoric cremation graves of the Dalj cultural group of the late Bronze and early Iron Ages.
The conceptual reconstruction of a quiver based on bone and metal remains and sections of closed quivers from three early medieval graves discovered and excavated at the site of Lijeva Bara in Vukovar in 1952.
- One hundred years ago Zdenko Vinski, a prominent Croatian archaeologist and scientist, was born in Zagreb on the 13th of May 1913. He studied and obtained his doctorate in Vienna in 1937, and from 1945 until his retirementin 1979 he worked in the Archaeological Museum in Zagreb, where for a brief time he was director (1951-1953). He taught at the universities in Zagreb, Ljubljana, and Göttingen, and from1986 he was acorresponding member of the Yugoslav and Croatian Academies of Science and Art. He studied medieval archaeology, particularly the archaeology of the Migration Period and the Early Medieval Period, and he directed archaeological excavations in Bijelo Brdo, Mrsunjski Lug, Veliki Bukovec, Sv. Petar Ludbreški, Vukovar, Zagreb, Knin, Medvedička, and elsewhere. He wrote more than a hundred valuable scientific and professional works published in journals and various archaeological editions, both Croatian and foreign.
In 1989 he received an award from the Parliament of the Republic of Croatia for his prominent scientific research work. He died in Zagreb on the 13th of October 1996.
- Current archaeological excavations in Croatia 2010 (PDF 4.088 kB)
Sponsors of the exhibition The Jabuka - a club that did not putrefy in 45 years: